Thursday, March 31, 2011

Research Plan

Effects of Christianity on Native Alaskans

  1. My general research topic is The Russian Orthodox Church in Native Alaskans life.
There are a few questions that I can propose:
    • What role the Russian Orthodox Church played in Native Alaskans’ lives?
    • Did the Russian Orthodox Church have the good or negative impact on people?
·         What attributes Native Alaskans used in church?
    • How many orthodox churches are now in Alaska?
    • How many of Native Alaskans are related to the Orthodox Church now?

  1. The Russian Orthodox theme is important to me, because I am sort of related to Russian Orthodox. I know about Russian Orthodox only as example in my country. I think it will be great to find out some facts about Russian Orthodox in Native Alaskans’ lives, because I live in Alaska and I want know more about history and it will be interesting to compare Russian Orthodox in Alaska to my country.
These questions are import for people who want to know the life of Native Alaskans. The religion is important aspect of life, so people can find out more about the Native Alaskans knowing their religion. I think my audience can be students, people who moved to Alaska, who want to know more about Alaska history.

  1. I have delegated to make a research in the Internet about the Russian Orthodox Church. I need to learn as I can about my general topic. My responsibility is to write about this topic for Research Wikis assignment in our group. I will also help my group mates to figure out what we should add to our topic.  

  1. March 31st: To discuss our research plan within the group in class and also have some information about my particular topic. To make a better research on my topic.

April 2nd and 3rd: To write an example of my topic and e-mail group my writing. To e-mail Bria some questions that I would ask at the interview with Native Alaskan woman. To find out if we are going to meet on Sunday. Sunday meeting?

April 4th: Check when we need to meet in order to discuss the interview that Bria did and write a Research Prospectus.

April 7th: Group meeting at 9:45 am with Christie about our Wiki. Will be great to listen to some suggestions. Set up the new group meeting.

April 10th: Probably, the group meeting. Get compiled our writings and do revising.

April 14th: Annotated Bibliography. Rough Draft of Wikis Project.

April 26th: Group Research Projects Due

There are also should be new group meetings before April 26th.

6.   Some questions I may ask on the group conference.

1 comment: