Sunday, January 23, 2011

My short story

Hi Everybody!
   My name is Tanya. I'm a freshman at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks. My major is Business Administration. I chose this major because I want to know how businesses and economics work in our world. What' s going on with money and how I can be involved in business.
   Originally I'm from Belarus. I moved with my family to Alaska in October 2009. Before that, I have already finished 1 year of college in my country. I very liked the opportunity to live in the USA and learn English. I grew up in a small city called Zhabinka. I don't have any special hobby. I just like having fun, going to the movies, shopping, hanging out with my friends. I enjoy any kind of music, my favorite type of movies is a comedy. I like meeting new people, because I always can learn something from them.
  I don't really read the newspapers and magazines. I mostly read books when I have a chance. Usually I try to buy online some Russian classics book. I've read Childhood, Boyhood and Youth by Leo Tolstoy at school. Now I'm going to reread World and Peace by this author. I really enjoyed Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. It's a great book about moral dilemmas. The idea is that people cannot make a crime without any punishment. Another great psychological novel is the Captain's Daughter by Pushkin. I think Russian classics books are very instructive and profound. I wish I don't have time to read them all...

1 comment:

  1. Tanya - this looks great! I'd love to hear more about your hometown. Maybe you can write about it for the Observation Essay? I agree with you - I love the Russian classics. If you liked Crime and Punishment you should check out The Brothers Karamosov. It's one of my personal favorites. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better in class!

    ReplyDelete